Cultural Competency is a developmental process defined as a set of values, principles, behaviors, attitudes, and policies that enable health professionals to work effectively across racial, ethnic, and linguistically diverse groups.
This CE course is approved by NBHWC for 1 continuing education unit (#100095).
- After completing this presentation, you will be able to:
- Define cultural competence and linguistic competence.
- Identify racial and ethnic groups disproportionately affected by diabetes.
- Describe cultural influences on health and health-related outcomes.
- Identify barriers to culturally competent care.
- Describe strategies for achieving cultural competence for educators teaching about diabetes prevention.