with Dr. Raffy R Luquis
Cultural Competency Training
- This CE course is approved by ICHWC for 1 continuing education units (CEP #100095).
- 1 CHES/MCHES and CDR ceu/cech
Cultural Competence is a developmental process defined as a set of values, principles, behaviors, attitudes, and policies that enable health professionals to work effectively across racial, ethnic, and linguistically diverse groups.
At the organization level requires a comprehensive and coordinated plan, including for the individual
After completing this presentation, you will be able to:
- Define cultural competence and linguistic competence.
- Identify racial and ethnic groups disproportionately affected by diabetes.
- Describe cultural influences on health and health-related outcomes.
- Identify barriers to culturally competent care.
- Describe strategies for achieving cultural competence for educators teaching about diabetes prevention.
with Bill Matulich Ph.D.
- This CE course is approved by ICHWC for 15 continuing education units (CEP #100095).
- 15 CHES/MCHES and CDR ceu/cech
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a collaborative, client-centered counseling style for helping people make good decisions and healthy behavior change. MI works by eliciting clients’ own internal motivation and resolving ambivalence within a collaborative working relationship. MI is a tool used by successful DPP Lifestyle Coaches and other health care professionals to foster learning and healthy lifestyle decisions.
This 100% online, approximate 6 week, 12 module training is designed for people with little or no experience with MI as well as for those wishing to improve their MI skills. Each week’s lessons include a brief post-test and exercises to complete. There will be 4 live, online practice sessions schedule throughout the training to reinforce learning.
Sign up below for your included LIVE trainings with Dr. Matulich et al. –you must have completed at least modules 1-3 prior to signing up.